top of page

Holiday Tips for Pet Owners

During the holiday season, don’t forget your furry and fuzzy pals! Here are a few tips to make sure to keep your pets safe through all your festivities.

Be Careful with Seasonal Plants and Decorations

Securely anchor your Christmas tree so it doesn't tip and fall, causing possible injury to your pet or spillage of stagnant water/fertilizer that would be bad for a pet's tummy.

Avoid mistletoe & holly as both can cause major stomach issues. Many varieties of lilies can cause kidney failure in cats if ingested. Opt for just-as-jolly artificial plants made from silk or plastic, or choose a pet-safe bouquet.

Skip the tinsel! Cats love it, but it can lead to an obstructed digestive tract, severe vomiting, dehydration, and possible surgery if digested.

Don't leave lighted candles unattended - that's just common sense!

Keep wires, batteries, and glass or plastic ornaments out of paws' reach.

Avoid Food Dangers

Don't feed your pets chocolate or anything sweetened with xylitol. Make sure to keep your pets away from the table and unattended plates of food, and be sure to secure the lids on garbage cans.

Fatty, spicy, and no-no human foods, as well as bones, should not be fed to your furry friends.

If you don't have a furry friend, here's your chance!



bottom of page